Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is really an awesome way to make chicken. I always get rave reviews when I make it!
Make and share this 4 Alarm Salsa Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cubed)
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt (plain or substitute with sour cream)
- 1⁄4 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1⁄2 yellow onion (diced or in boats)
- 3 garlic cloves (fresh and finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (grinded)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 serrano pepper (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In a medium sauce pan, add the oil heat at medium-high for two minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, serrano pepper, picante sauce, yogurt, salt, pepper, and turmeric powder. Stir constantly and steam until the onions caramelize and it becomes like a sauce. Cook on medium uncovered for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the cubes of chicken and 1/2 cup water. Cover the pot and let it steam for 25 minutes. Stir Occasionally so that the chicken doesn't stick to the bottom. Keep the burner on medium-low.
- Now add the celantro and let it steam covered for another 10 minutes on low heat.
- This chicken is best served wrapped in tortilla's. I prefer wheat tortillas but flour is just as good. Have some cream cheese and salsa or sour cream on the side as a dip. You can also try serving the chicken with rice.