This is really an awesome way to make chicken. I always get rave reviews when I make it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cubed)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt (plain or substitute with sour cream)
- 1/4 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 yellow onion (diced or in boats)
- 3 garlic cloves (fresh and finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (grinded)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 serrano pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1In a medium sauce pan, add the oil heat at medium-high for two minutes.
- 2Add onion, garlic, serrano pepper, picante sauce, yogurt, salt, pepper, and turmeric powder. Stir constantly and steam until the onions caramelize and it becomes like a sauce. Cook on medium uncovered for 5-10 minutes.
- 3Add the cubes of chicken and 1/2 cup water. Cover the pot and let it steam for 25 minutes. Stir Occasionally so that the chicken doesn't stick to the bottom. Keep the burner on medium-low.
- 4Now add the celantro and let it steam covered for another 10 minutes on low heat.
- 5This chicken is best served wrapped in tortilla's. I prefer wheat tortillas but flour is just as good. Have some cream cheese and salsa or sour cream on the side as a dip. You can also try serving the chicken with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 4 Alarm Salsa Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.1
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 76.6 mg
- Sodium 826.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 25.7 g