Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Brown gravy, tender meat, and even veggies all in one dish! 4/2 means "for 2 people"
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 3⁄4 lb round steaks or 3⁄4 lb sirloin steak
- 2 medium potatoes, quartered
- 3 medium carrots, quartered
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 10 ounces tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Gravy Master
- Heat oven to 300ºF.
- Heat cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Add steak cut in serving size pieces.
- Brown both sides.
- Transfer to ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and onion.
- Combine soup, water, salt, pepper, and Gravy Master.
- Pour over ingredients in casserole.
- Cover the casserole.
- Bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours; until beef is tender.
- Sprinkle a drained can of string beans over all, cover and bake an extra 10 minutes to heat them through.
This was so good! I ended up using tomato rice soup because that's all I had and it looked a little strange but tasted great. The meat and veggies were so tender. Thanks!