Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe for 2-6 inch pie crusts. No need to bake a whole big one and be tempted to eat it all!
- 5⁄8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or 1⁄2 teaspoon Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lard (shortening)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cold water
- Measure the first 4 ingredients into a bowl.
- Cut in lard until crumbly.
- Sprinkle with water. Stir with fork.
- Shape into a ball.
- If necessary, a small amount of extra water may be added, about 1/2 tsp at a time.
- The less water used, the better.
- Makes enough for 2-6 inch single crust pies or 1-6 inch double crust pies.
- Set oven at 400ºF.
- For Single Crust Pie:.
- Roll out pastry , turn 6 inch foil pie plate upside down.
- Cover with pastry on the OUTSIDE of the pie plate.
- Prick all over with fork.
- Trim edge and bake about 10 minutes to brown.
- Cool and transfer to inside of pie plate.
- Fill with desired filling.