Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The crust for this is posted separately. This is a recipe for 1-6 inch pie for 2 people.
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg white, at room temp
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 (6 inch) baked pie shells
- Heat first amount of water until boiling.
- Stir sugar and cornstarch together in small bowel.
- Add lemon juice , egg yolk and second amount of water and mix well.
- Stir into boiling water until mixture returns to a boil and thickens.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Heat oven 350ºF.
- Beat egg white and cream of tartar together in a small bowel until almost stiff.
- Gradually beat in sugar until stiff.
- Spoon over lemon filling and seal edges.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Cuts into 4 small wedges.