1/1 Photo of 3w Thai Beef With Basil
In Thailand, basil is a vegetable, not a seasoning! This recipe from the Triple Whammy Diet is Low Fat, Low Carb, and Low Calorie. For ¼ cup of chopped chiles, use: Hotness Amount Not hot ¼ large, sweet bell pepper Mild 1 large Anaheim pepper Moderate 2 green cayenne peppers Hot 3 fresh jalapeño peppers Very hot 6 serrano peppers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb beef eye round, trimmed of all fat and sliced to ribbons
- 1 medium onion, petalled
- 1/4 cup fresh green chile, chopped
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, sliced to ribbons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, chopped or 3 garlic cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1Mix the Sauce and let it stand to one side.
- 2Heat the oil in a well-seasoned wok or broad non-stick skillet. TURN ON THE FAN, since frying chiles can chase everyone out of the house.
- 3When the oil is smoking hot, add everything but the Sauce to the pan and stir steadily. Fry the mixture mercilessly on high, still stirring, until it is frying, not boiling in the juices.
- 4When the onions begin to brown, turn down the heat and add the Sauce. Stir-fry one minute more, and serve on a bed of lettuce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 3w Thai Beef With Basil
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.9
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 100.3 mg
- Sodium 711.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 41.4 g