Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Persian Eggplant Scramble. This recipe from the Triple Whammy Diet is Low Fat, Low Carb, and Low Calorie. No MSG ever.
- 2 (1 lb) eggplants, pricked with a fork
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons garlic, chopped or 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 5 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Microwave the eggplants until they are mush inside, about 20 minutes depending on your wattage.
- Scoop out the insides of the eggplants. Discard the peels and stems.
- In a broad, non-stick skillet, fry the garlic in olive oil until browned.
- Add the tomatoes, eggplant pulp, salt, and pepper.
- Fry on high heat until the tomatoes are cooked and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Beat the eggs and scramble them into the vegetables. Cook until set.
- Serve hot as an appetizer or side dish.