Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Fabulous pork stew with summer squash. This recipe from the Triple Whammy Diet is Low Fat, Low Carb, and Low Calorie. For ¼ cup of chopped chiles, use: Hotness Amount Not hot ¼ large, sweet bell pepper Mild 1 large Anaheim pepper Moderate 2 green cayenne peppers Hot 3 fresh jalapeño peppers Very hot 6 serrano peppers
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh green chile, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped or 4 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion, choped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons whole cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 zucchini, sliced into chunks or 3 lbs zucchini
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel)
- 8 ounces water
- Mix the oil into the diced meat. Brown it in batches in a stew pot.
- In a food processor, finely chop the garlic, onions and chiles.
- Sift Dry Ingredients over the frying meat, and stir. Fry until the flour is cooked.
- Add the onion mixture to the pan and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Finally, add the remaining ingredients, and simmer covered for 2 hours.
- Add water as needed to keep it from drying out.