Recipe by SusieQusie
My interpretation of Lemon Blueberry Streusel Cake ( # 95261) which was a variation of Raspberry Rhapsody Chocolate Streusel Cake ( #94465). The resulting texture is dense; somewhere between a pound cake and a muffin; defintely not a light airy cake. The crunchy streusel topping really makes the cake. We ate it for dessert and breakfast. The combinations of cake mix, pudding mix, yogurt flavor & fruit can be altered per your taste.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
My results were a little odd and I'm not sure if this was the desired effect or a deffect in my preparation. The cake sid not rise very much and the results were very dense. With the addition of the cheesecake pudding it made you feel like you were eating a hybrid between a cake and a cheesecake. That said, EVERYONE loved it and it was gone lickity split. For the streusal, I used 1/3 cup of brown sugar Splenda and 1/3 cup white sugar.
- 177.44 ml flour
- 118.29 ml Splenda granular
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 510.29 g package French vanilla cake mix
- 113.39 g package fat free sugar-free instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 118.29 ml water
- 170.09 g fat-free blueberry yogurt
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 473.18 ml fresh blueberries or 473.18 ml frozen blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Coat a 13" X 9" baking pan with cooking spray & dust lightly with flour.
- Combine all ingredients & mix until crumbly (I used a pastry cutter).
- Mix all ingredients (except blueberries) on medium speed for 2 minutes. Batter will be thick.
- Pour into pan & spread if necessary to even out.
- Top with blueberries.
- Sprinkle streusel over berries.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until cake tests done in the center. ( I baked it in a convection oven and it tested done at 45 minutes. Adjust time accordingly for conventional oven.).