Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
An awesome traditional favorite to have at every cookout of holiday table. These smokey, sweet beans are great with a variety of meats and are a wonderful addition to any meal. This is a great side dish your sure to love!
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 226.79 g bacon
- 793.78 g can baked beans (such as Bush's Original)
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml ketchup
- 4.92 ml prepared yellow mustard
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, divided
- Preheat an oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Cut bacon into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Combine the baked beans, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard, and onions in a 2-quart casserole dish. Stir in 2/3 of the cooked bacon and 1/4 of the brown sugar until evenly mixed. Cover the bean mixture with the remaining bacon, and sprinkle with the remaining brown sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot and bubbly, about 45 minutes.