Recipe by Cook4_6
I found this salad on another website and am posting to try later.
Top Review by BecR
A great tasting salad! The walnuts, apples and cheese made a very nice combo with the rocket, and the dressing took it over the top!! Thank you for sharing a great recipe--made for 5-a-day tag game in the Photos Forum.
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 4 cups arugula (tightly packed)
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
Apple Cider Dressing (use 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup walnut oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons calvados or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons other apple brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Apple Cider Dressing:
- Combine oil, vinegar, shallots, garlic and salt and pepper to taste in jar or bowl.
- Add Calvados and shake in jar or whisk well in bowl. (Makes 1 1/4 cups).
- For the Salad:
- Toast walnuts on baking sheet at 350 degrees until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Combine walnuts, arugula, cheese and apple slices in large salad bowl. Toss with dressing and serve.