Recipe by CrapScreamer
Using this recipe, you will be able to conquer the world. Me? I'm too lazy... Just remember me when you get to the top.
Top Review by jcrozier
First time I've ever made salsa; the hordes are demanding MORE! My first batch was a little salty, maybe because I used sea salt, so I used less. Also have tried with cumin instead of chili powder and that's good too! If you like mild salsa, skip the habanero and maybe one of the jalapenos. But the fresh taste of the tomatoes and peppers and onions is absolutely delicious!
Great recipe! And super easy (I used a food processor for most of the chopping).
- 2 -3 firm ripe tomatoes (hot house)
- 2 tablespoons salt (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium lime
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion (NOT white)
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 3 -5 jalapeno peppers
- 1 habanero pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add tomatoes, salt, chili powder, garlic, habanero and juice of lime to a blender and blend until liquified. Use enough tomatoes to make approximately 22-24oz of tomato base.
- Pour into 48-ounce tupperware container.
- Finely chop Onion, Bell Peppers, and Jalapeno peppers and add to the container.
- Stir using a wooden spoon.
- Put it in the fridge for 36 hours, stirring every 8-12 hours with a wooden spoon.
- Eat with fingers and hands.
- It's not ABSOLUTELY necessary to wait for 36 hours, but highly recommended.