Recipe by Parrot Head Mama
found this on a "box tops for education" website and tweaked it a bit.
Top Review by Brooke #603334
at first i didnt realize it was two recipes, kinda confusing this way. i just made the meatloaf, not the potatoes (although they sound easy) with my own spice mix and a 1/4 c tomato soup. they look good, except they stuck to the tins, and a few lost their bottoms. what would you suggest?
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups hot water
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shreddecd cheese
- 1 lb lean ground beef (atleast 90%)
- 1 egg
- 1 envelope mccormick meatloaf seasoning mix
Directions See How It's Made
- move rack to middle of oven and preheat to 350.
- Stir melted margarine, 2 Cups hot water, 2/3 Cups milk, dry potatoes and cheese in 1 1/2 quart casserole or ovenproof bowl until well-blended (mixture will be thin).
- Mix beef, egg and seasoning packet in medium bowl until blended.
- Press beef mixture into 12 ungreased regular-sized muffin cups, each 3/4 full.
- Bake potatoes and mini-meat loaves uncovered 30-35 minutes or until meat loaves are no longer pink the centers.
- Carefully remove from the oven.
- Squeeze desired amount of ketchup on top of mini meatloaves.