My daughter has a passion for all things Teriyaki and this is a meal (complete with rice and vegies) that I have created as a result. It really can be on the table within 35 minutes from start to finish and tastes great. Here it is in a complete meal form, although of course you could make just the meatballs.
- Put a pan of water on to boil.
- In a bowl mix shallots with ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sugar.
- In another bowl, put minced beef and add half the soy mixture.
- Mix well to combine and shape into 20 meatballs.
- Add rice to the boiling water and put another pan of water on to boil.
- Prepare carrots and top and tail snow peas.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and fry meatballs, turning them until they are browned and cooked through- about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add carrot to the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes, then add snow peas and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Mix water and corn flour into the remaining soy mixture and add to the meatballs, stirring constantly until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Boil for a minute or so, then serve meatballs and sauce with drained rice and vegetables.