Recipe by Paul Elliott
One of my brothers refers to these as "300 lb. potatoes". Because if you ate as much as you'd like to, you'd be 300 pounds. These are not for the diet conscious. These go great with a meat that doesn't have gravy.
- 8 medium sized potatoes
- 1 medium sized onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom (sliced)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut potatoes and boil until tender.
- Cut up bacon into bite sized bits and fry in skillet.
- Remove bacon & set aside when it is slightly crisp.
- Saute onions in bacon fat until translucent. Remove & set aside.
- Saute mushrooms until slightly golden. Remove & set aside.
- When potatoes are tender, drain and mash.
- Add butter, milk and sour cream to mash in with potatoes.
- Add in all sauted ingredients and the cheese.
- Stir into mashed potatoes then transfer to a casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Throw away any diet plans and serve.