Chef #371785's Note:
From the 300-Calorie One-Dish Meal Cookbook. I have not yet tried it but it seemed like a nice and easy sesame chicken that is healthy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml water
- 709.77 ml fresh broccoli florets, Steamed
- Pam cooking spray
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bit sized pieces
- 226.79 g sliced water chestnuts
- 2 green onions, diagonally sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 22.18 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml natural-style peanut butter
- 9.85 ml natural-style peanut butter
- 29.58 ml low sodium soy sauce
- red pepper flakes
- 1.23 ml fresh grated ginger
- 0.59 ml curry powder
- 44.37 ml packed dark brown sugar
- 29.58 ml toasted sesame seeds
- 1In a small mixing bowl, combine cornstarch, water, peanut butter, soy sauce, red pepper flakes (I like about 1/4 t), ginger, curry powder, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- 2Spray a 10" nonstick skillet with Pam then add the sesame oil and heat on high till shimmering. Add chicken and cook through stirring constantly. Add water chestnuts and green onions and sauce.
- 3Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Serve with Brocooli and sprinkle all with sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 300 Calorie Hot and Spicy Sesame Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.5
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 401.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 31.8 g