Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the 300-Calorie One-Dish Meal Cookbook. I have not yet tried it but it seemed like a nice and easy sesame chicken that is healthy!
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets, Steamed
- Pam cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bit sized pieces
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts
- 2 green onions, diagonally sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon natural-style peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons natural-style peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cornstarch, water, peanut butter, soy sauce, red pepper flakes (I like about 1/4 t), ginger, curry powder, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Spray a 10" nonstick skillet with Pam then add the sesame oil and heat on high till shimmering. Add chicken and cook through stirring constantly. Add water chestnuts and green onions and sauce.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve with Brocooli and sprinkle all with sesame seeds.