Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From the 300-Calori one-dish meals book. Have not tried it yet but seems like a keeper.
- Pam cooking spray
- 70.87 g hot Italian turkey sausage
- 340.19 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 118.29 ml chopped red bell pepper
- 118.29 ml chopped celery
- 118.29 ml uncooked white rice
- 118.29 ml well-drained and slivered canned water chestnut
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 1.23 ml ground sage
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 158.51 ml condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 78.07 ml buttermilk
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 10inch ovenproof skillet with Pam and brown sausage over high heat for about 2 minutes. Set aside on paper towel to allow grease to continue to drain.
- Wipe out pan and respray. Brown chicken until thoroughly cooked over high heat. Remove chicken with sausage using slotted spoon to leave behind the drippings.
- Reduce heat to Med-High and add onion, red pepper, and celery to pan sauteeing about 3 minutes or until richly browned and tender crisp.
- Add remaining ingredients including sausage and chicken. Use parsley and paprika to sprinkle on top.
- Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes or until rice is tender.