1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Chef #371785's Note:
From the 300-Calori one-dish meals book. Have not tried it yet but seems like a keeper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- Pam cooking spray
- 2 1/2 ounces hot Italian turkey sausage
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1/2 cup well-drained and slivered canned water chestnut
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Spray 10inch ovenproof skillet with Pam and brown sausage over high heat for about 2 minutes. Set aside on paper towel to allow grease to continue to drain.
- 3Wipe out pan and respray. Brown chicken until thoroughly cooked over high heat. Remove chicken with sausage using slotted spoon to leave behind the drippings.
- 4Reduce heat to Med-High and add onion, red pepper, and celery to pan sauteeing about 3 minutes or until richly browned and tender crisp.
- 5Add remaining ingredients including sausage and chicken. Use parsley and paprika to sprinkle on top.
- 6Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 300 Calorie Blue Plate Special
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.5
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 62.8 mg
- Sodium 530.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 26.5 g