Recipe by alisha.mills
From the 300 calorie one-dish meal book. I have not tried it but the flavors are all in line with what we love!
- 3⁄4 lb ground round
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2⁄3 cup salsa
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons diced red peppers
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in an ovenproof 10" skillet. Drain grease.
- Add tomatoes thru turmeric and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and place all in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Combine yogurt and sour cream.
- Remove skillet and let sit 5 minutes before serving with sour cream mixture and sprinkled green onion.