Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From the 300 Calorie one-dish meal book. Have not yet tried it but it looks wonderful!
- 3⁄4 lb pork tenderloin, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked white rice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 12 fresh whole okra, tops removed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2⁄3 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 10" skillet with cooking spray and brown pork over high heat for 3-5 minutes adding garlic at last minute so to brown but not burn. Drain and set aside.
- Respray same pan with cooking spray and cook onions over medum high heat for 2-3 minutes then remove from heat.
- Add everything from bell peppers to ground red pepper and also pork. Stir well, cover and bake for 50-60 minutes until rice is cooked.
- Top with cheese and bake an additional 5-6 minutes uncovered.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.