Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
In this hot weather, who wants to spend hours making and rising dough for sweet breakfast rolls? You just have to try these 30 minute Strawberry rolls made with shop-bought puff pastry, you could have breakfast on the table with next to no work! A fresh twist on everyone's favourite cinnamon rolls!
For the rolls
- 18 ounces puff pastry
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped in half
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
For the glaze
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking tray.
- Place your hulled and halved strawberries into a mini food chopper and blitz until smooth. Add 1tbsp of flour and blitz until mixed. Leave to one side.
- Lightly flour your work surface and the pastry then roll the pastry out until it's 1/4 inch thick, then using a knife or pizza wheel, trip the edges off until you have a rectangle, around 26 x 40cm.
- Make sure the longest edge is facing you, so you can roll it and get 8 rolls.
- Sprinkle 2tbsp sugar over the pastry and spread out with the back of a spoon.
- Spoon the strawberry filling over the pastry and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Lift the edge of the pastry and fold over, then slowly roll up the pastry until you have lots of swirly layers!
- Slice into 8 pieces (use a very sharp knife, otherwise they tend to squash).
- Place on your baking tray with a 2 inch gap between them.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and flaky. Insert a knife into the very centre and ensure the filling is piping hot.
- Leave to cool on the baking tray completely.
- Once cool, make the glaze. Place the icing sugar, milk and vanilla into a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle or spoon over cooled rolls and serve.
- Strawberry rolls will keep in an airtight container, in the fridge, for 2 days.