1/1 Photo of 30 Minute Strawberry Rolls With Sweet Glaze
In this hot weather, who wants to spend hours making and rising dough for sweet breakfast rolls? You just have to try these 30 minute Strawberry rolls made with shop-bought puff pastry, you could have breakfast on the table with next to no work! A fresh twist on everyone's favourite cinnamon rolls!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the rolls
- 18 ounces puff pastry
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped in half
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
For the glaze
- 1Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking tray.
- 2Place your hulled and halved strawberries into a mini food chopper and blitz until smooth. Add 1tbsp of flour and blitz until mixed. Leave to one side.
- 3Lightly flour your work surface and the pastry then roll the pastry out until it's 1/4 inch thick, then using a knife or pizza wheel, trip the edges off until you have a rectangle, around 26 x 40cm.
- 4Make sure the longest edge is facing you, so you can roll it and get 8 rolls.
- 5Sprinkle 2tbsp sugar over the pastry and spread out with the back of a spoon.
- 6Spoon the strawberry filling over the pastry and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- 7Lift the edge of the pastry and fold over, then slowly roll up the pastry until you have lots of swirly layers!
- 8Slice into 8 pieces (use a very sharp knife, otherwise they tend to squash).
- 9Place on your baking tray with a 2 inch gap between them.
- 10Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and flaky. Insert a knife into the very centre and ensure the filling is piping hot.
- 11Leave to cool on the baking tray completely.
- 12Once cool, make the glaze. Place the icing sugar, milk and vanilla into a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.
- 13Drizzle or spoon over cooled rolls and serve.
- 14Strawberry rolls will keep in an airtight container, in the fridge, for 2 days.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 30 Minute Strawberry Rolls With Sweet Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.5
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 161.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g