Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and easy to make, this is definitely a notch above your regular off the grocery shelf sauces! Serve over your favorite hot pasta!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (no casing) or 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage (no casing)
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) canof inexpensive spaghetti sauce
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped fine with seeds (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 3 slices American cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cook ground beef or sausage with onion, garlic, jalapeno (optional) and salt.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add can of sauce and mix.
- Stir in Parmesan and Roman cheese-- Let mixture simmer on low heat.
- Stir often.
- Top sauce with 3 pieces of American cheese and mix in as they start to melt.