Recipe by Dancer^
This is so fast and easy. I double the recipe and freeze in 2 serving size containers. It warms up great in the Microwave or on the stove. Hope you enjoys it.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Brown meat, onion, garlic, and green pepper.
- Add tomato sauce, paste, water and seasonings.
- Heat until bubbling, lower heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Its ok to let simmer beyond 30 minutes until ready to serve.
- Left over portions freeze well, thaw and reheat as needed.