Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so fast and easy. I double the recipe and freeze in 2 serving size containers. It warms up great in the Microwave or on the stove. Hope you enjoys it.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Brown meat, onion, garlic, and green pepper.
- Add tomato sauce, paste, water and seasonings.
- Heat until bubbling, lower heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Its ok to let simmer beyond 30 minutes until ready to serve.
- Left over portions freeze well, thaw and reheat as needed.
Very good for quick & easy. Makes enough for put some in the freezer for that pasta craving.
Made this last night. Was fast, easy and tasty. I did not have cayanne pepper so I added a few red pepper flakes. I also added some grated romano cheese into the sauce. I made homemade pasta and garlic bread and it was a feast. Thanks for the easy recipe.