Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love corn chowder, have a pot on now! Recipe is from Special Choice Recipes Cookbook
Make and share this 30 Minute Smoked Sausage and Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- In large saucepan, cook onions in oil over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in sausage, broth, potatoes, corn and red pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Stir in cream; heat through.
- Garnish with additional sliced green onions, if desired.
When you're in the mood for a quick, flavorful soup, this recipe fits the bill. The inclusion of sausage helps to give depth of flavor that makes the soup tase as though it cooked for hours on the stove.
Awesome! I followed this to the letter and made a few additions:
one stalk of celery and one carrot diced, and half a jalapeno blended with a can of corn since I didn't have creamed corn.
This was super easy and was just wonderful!!!! Thanks so much Libby!