Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love corn chowder, have a pot on now! Recipe is from Special Choice Recipes Cookbook
- 8 ounces smoked sausage, fully cooked, sliced 1/8
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cans vegetable broth, 14 1/2-ounces
- 2 cups o'brien frozen potatoes
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- In large saucepan, cook onions in oil over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in sausage, broth, potatoes, corn and red pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Stir in cream; heat through.
- Garnish with additional sliced green onions, if desired.
When you're in the mood for a quick, flavorful soup, this recipe fits the bill. The inclusion of sausage helps to give depth of flavor that makes the soup tase as though it cooked for hours on the stove.
Awesome! I followed this to the letter and made a few additions:
one stalk of celery and one carrot diced, and half a jalapeno blended with a can of corn since I didn't have creamed corn.
This was super easy and was just wonderful!!!! Thanks so much Libby!