1/1 Photo of 30 Minute Shepherd's Pie
Rachel Rays 30 minute version of Shepherds Pie
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 3/4 lbs ground beef
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 diced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- 1Boil potatoes in salted water until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain potatoes and pour them into a bowl.
- 2Combine sour cream, egg yolk and cream.
- 3Add the cream mixture into potatoes and mash until potatoes are almost smooth.
- 4While potatoes boil, preheat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 5Add oil to hot pan with beef. Season with salt and pepper. Brown for 3-4 minutes.
- 6Add carrot and onions and continue cooking for 5 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- 7In a second small skillet over medium heat cook butter and flour together for 2 minutes.
- 8Whisk in broth and Worcestershire sauce. Thicken gravy 1 minutes. Add gravy to meat and vegetables.
- 9Stir in Peas.
- 10Preheat broiler to high.
- 11Fill a small rectangular casserole with meat and vegetable mixture. Spoon potatoes over meat eveninly. Top potatoes with paprika and broil 6-8 inches from heat until evenly browned.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 30 Minute Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (604 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 846.4
- Calories from Fat 458
- Total Fat 50.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 227.9 mg
- Sodium 494.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 45.4 g