Recipe by Odessajay
There are so many versions of shepherds pie, but this version is ultra easy and quick! It's a kid pleaser and ready in 30 min. or less. You can add it to the oven like most other recipes call for but theres no need with this recipe. The purpose is to save time, right? If you're really in a hurry, use instant potatoes. Plus it's good!
Top Review by one cookin mama
Very good, you can't mess this up. When reheating the next day in the microwave, put the potatoes in first for 30 sec. followed by the rest of the serving because the potatoes take longer to heat.
- 6 -7 potatoes
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) canscampbells vegetarian vegetable soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cube potatoes and set into a pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook them until a fork slides in the potatoes easily.
- In a large non-stick pan brown the meat and salt to taste. Drain the meat of excess fat.
- Add the 3 cans of soup and drained can of corn to the meat(drained can of peas optional). Set over med to med/high heat and stir occasionally until the juices thicken extra thick.
- Remove and drain the potatoes when they are ready. Add the butter and milk. Mash to remove any potato chunks and use your hand mixer to mix well while salting to your taste.
- Remove the meat/soup mix and place into a dish. Top the mix with the prepared potatoes. Sprinkle w/paprika as a decoration.