1/2 Photos of 30 Minute Shepherd's Pie
There are so many versions of shepherds pie, but this version is ultra easy and quick! It's a kid pleaser and ready in 30 min. or less. You can add it to the oven like most other recipes call for but theres no need with this recipe. The purpose is to save time, right? If you're really in a hurry, use instant potatoes. Plus it's good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and cube potatoes and set into a pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook them until a fork slides in the potatoes easily.
- 2In a large non-stick pan brown the meat and salt to taste. Drain the meat of excess fat.
- 3Add the 3 cans of soup and drained can of corn to the meat(drained can of peas optional). Set over med to med/high heat and stir occasionally until the juices thicken extra thick.
- 4Remove and drain the potatoes when they are ready. Add the butter and milk. Mash to remove any potato chunks and use your hand mixer to mix well while salting to your taste.
- 5Remove the meat/soup mix and place into a dish. Top the mix with the prepared potatoes. Sprinkle w/paprika as a decoration.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 30 Minute Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.8
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 70.0 mg
- Sodium 525.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 16.9 g