Prep 12 mins
Cook 18 mins
Got this off the 30 minute chef on FoodTV and I thought if she can do this in 30 so can I and guess what...I did! This is a tasty addition to your usual salad
- 3⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup dark soy sauce, tamari
- 1⁄2 cup sweet hot mustard
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds, a mix of black and white or all white
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (3 or 4 turns of the pan, total)
- 1 1⁄3 lbs chicken breast tenders
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 inches fresh gingerroot, grated or minced
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar (3 generous splashes)
- 1⁄4 cup Chinese duck sauce or 1⁄4 cup apricot fruit spread
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (6 ounce) bag mixed baby greens
- 1⁄4 English cucumbers or 1⁄4 seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise then thinly sliced on an angle
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot, a couple of handfuls
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1⁄4 lb snow peas, sliced on an angle
- fried Chinese noodles (to garnish) (optional)
- Combine syrup, soy and sweet hot mustard in a bowl.
- Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add chicken tenders to 1/2 of the marinade and coat.
- Set aside.
- Reserve the remaining 1/2 for dressing.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Spread sesame seeds on a sheet of waxed paper or into a shallow dish.
- Waxed paper will speed your clean up.
- Dip the tenders into the sesame seeds.
- Coat the pan with a thin layer of oil.
- Cook chicken in small batches 3 minutes on each side and remove to plate.
- Whisk ginger, vinegar and the reserved marinade together then stream in the oil while you are continuing to whisk dressing.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Toss with dressing and serve, topping with sesame chicken tenders.
- Toss some crunch into your salad with fried noodles, if desired.