Polar Bear's Note:
This is one recipe even kids will love, because it doesnt have the bitter tasting white or red wine. Cherry wine is optional. When eaten, the tongue is so soft it virtually crumbles in your mouth. TESTED AND PROVEN NO FAIL FAMILY RECIPE. We have served this thousands of times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub tongue with salt to remove slime.
- 2Soak in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- 3Peel outer whitish skin.
- 4Rinse in running water.
- 5Slice tongue diagonally into small pieces and put into pressure cooker with soy sauce, vinegar, cherry wine, brown sugar, onion, peppercorn, laurel leaves, and garlic.
- 6Pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- 7Then remove ox tongue.
- 8Fry ox tongue in oil till reddish brown.
- 9Add marinade and simmer for 15 minutes with tomato sauce.
You Might Also Like...View All Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 30-Minute Pressure Cooker Ox Tongue
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.3
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3492.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: