1/2 Photos of 30-Minute Pasta Sauce
This is my original pasta sauce. It's different than those that are simmered all day, but it's better than jarred sauce, and it's quick. You can also play around with the seasonings to suit your own taste. DO NOT - please - cut the amount of olive oil. Trust me on this. It sounds like a lot, but it's not, really, when you add all the pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- 2Add the pepper, fennel and garlic and saute a couple of minutes just until the garlic is golden (not brown!).
- 3Add the tomatoes with their juice, the herbs and salt.
- 4Stir to combine, bring to a good simmer, turn the heat to low and let cook, uncovered, for about 20 minutes.
- 5Mix with cooked pasta and serve.
- 6Note 1- add as little or much garlic as you like- we like a lot.
- 7The same with the other ingredients- add the herbs you want in the amounts you want.
- 8You can saute 1/2 of an onion with the garlic if you like it.
- 9Note 2- You can substitute fresh herbs, but if you do double the measurement, and add them during the last few minutes of cooking.
- 10Note 3- add some raw, peeled shrimp to the sauce for the last five minutes for shrimp pasta.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 30-Minute Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.8
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 50.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 2.1 g