Recipe by Jellyqueen
I love one dish meals. This is just another example of that fact.
Top Review by KatieGT
A very tasty and easy meal. I made it with a few revisions and I'll make more changes next time. Four chicken breasts makes quite a bit of food -- if you serve this dish over pasta you can easily serve six to eight people. My changes: tripled the garlic, basil and oregano, added lots of black pepper, left out the salt and used sodium-free diced tomatoes. I added an 8-ounce can of Hunt's tomato sauce for a little more sauce and flavor. Since I love vegetables I will use two onions and 4 thickly-cut zucchinis next time and I will add a couple of bell peppers as well. I'm looking forward to making this again!
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Grease a 13 x 8 inch baking dish and place onions on bottom.
- Place chicken breast on onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Layer mushrooms and zucchini over the chicken.
- Combine garlic, tomatoes, basil and oregano and pour over vegetables.
- Cover and bake for 30 miuntes or until juices run clear in chicken.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Allow to sit for about 10 minutes before serving.