Recipe by Jellyqueen
I love one dish meals. This is just another example of that fact.
Top Review by amydot
I've made this recipe probably 5 times since I first found it 2 months ago. It's become my go-to for chicken breasts and/or an easy meal -- so easy, fresh, and flavorful. All of the quantities of ingredients are very adjustable, as are the ingredients themselves. I've made it with both canned tomatoes with dried basil as well as fresh tomatoes with fresh basil. Obviously the latter is better, but both are quite good. I've also added red pepper, squash, eggplant, etc... it's a great base recipe.<br/><br/>I also sometimes top each one with a little mozzarella.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Grease a 13 x 8 inch baking dish and place onions on bottom.
- Place chicken breast on onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Layer mushrooms and zucchini over the chicken.
- Combine garlic, tomatoes, basil and oregano and pour over vegetables.
- Cover and bake for 30 miuntes or until juices run clear in chicken.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Allow to sit for about 10 minutes before serving.