Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love one dish meals. This is just another example of that fact.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Grease a 13 x 8 inch baking dish and place onions on bottom.
- Place chicken breast on onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Layer mushrooms and zucchini over the chicken.
- Combine garlic, tomatoes, basil and oregano and pour over vegetables.
- Cover and bake for 30 miuntes or until juices run clear in chicken.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Allow to sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
A very tasty and easy meal. I made it with a few revisions and I'll make more changes next time. Four chicken breasts makes quite a bit of food -- if you serve this dish over pasta you can easily serve six to eight people. My changes: tripled the garlic, basil and oregano, added lots of black pepper, left out the salt and used sodium-free diced tomatoes. I added an 8-ounce can of Hunt's tomato sauce for a little more sauce and flavor. Since I love vegetables I will use two onions and 4 thickly-cut zucchinis next time and I will add a couple of bell peppers as well. I'm looking forward to making this again!
We are trying to eat healthier and we didn't think it would taste as good as it did. It was amazing. Will definitely become a regular dinner
Easy and delicious! I think you could add any veggies and be happy.