Recipe by Cookin' Mommy
I love minestrone and this is a quick version I will be making soon. Adapted from Taste of Home's website and Betty Claycomb of Alverton, Pennsylvania jots, "This simple, chunky soup is low in calories, the beef broth's seasoned nicely, while the spinach adds a refreshing difference."
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups water
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Italian-style diced tomatoes or 14 1⁄2 ounces Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup fresh spinach, torn
- 2⁄3 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan saute carrots, cabbage, celery, onion, and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add water, tomatoes, and bouillon. Bring to a boil and reduce heatt. Simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in spinach, cooked macaroni, and pepper, heat through. Serve immediately.