Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I just love recipes using frozen, precooked meatballs. The make completing recipes so much faster and easier. I usually buy my meatballs, but you can make your favorite recipe and freeze them.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low sodium beef broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (16 ounce) boxfrozen precooked meatballs (abt. 32)
- Combne all ingredients except meatballs in a dutch oven.
- Over medium heat bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and bring back to a simmer. Simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Discard bay leaf before serving.