Recipe by Ranelle
Jambalaya in a quick and simple one-dish meal. My best friend always asks for it and I have to have her over when I cook it.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made for the Spring PAC Orphanage tag game and what a winner. I made as written only adding a little smoked sausage to the mixture as I had some I wanted to use. Delicious. Definately one I will be making again...so easy and tasty. Thank you for posting.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, strips
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat chicken with 1 tbsp of the creole seasoning.
- Cook in 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet.
- Add celery, onion and green pepper and continue cooking until done.
- Stir in tomatoes, sauce, water, and shrimp.
- Add 1 tbsp of creole seasoning (or to taste).
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, cover and cook 5 minutes or until rice is done.