Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by georgia_u22
I thought the spice mix overpowered the green paste. You better cook the chicken longer than 15 min unless u like undercooked chicken. I will not make this again and I eat anything. I was bummed as I planned it as a "quick and elegant" dinner for my boyfriend.. I love to cook and cook alot.. we were both bummed!
- 4 large garlic cloves, cracked away from their skins
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 cup marcona almonds, toasted (or toasted slivered almonds)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts (or thighs)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a heavy skillet over medium heat; preheat oven to 400°.
- In a food processor, combine the garlic, parsley, almonds, and lemon zest; pulse to chop them into a dry paste.
- Loosen the skin on the chicken and spread one fourth of the mixture under the skin of each piece.
- Grease the chicken breasts with a liberal drizzle of olive oil and season them with grill seasoning.
- Place the breasts in the skillet skin side down; top them with another smaller skillet.
- Weight the pan with a brick; cook them to crisp the skin, 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast them for another 15-20-25 minutes or until done.