Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 4 large garlic cloves, cracked away from their skins
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 cup marcona almonds, toasted (or toasted slivered almonds)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts (or thighs)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- Preheat a heavy skillet over medium heat; preheat oven to 400°.
- In a food processor, combine the garlic, parsley, almonds, and lemon zest; pulse to chop them into a dry paste.
- Loosen the skin on the chicken and spread one fourth of the mixture under the skin of each piece.
- Grease the chicken breasts with a liberal drizzle of olive oil and season them with grill seasoning.
- Place the breasts in the skillet skin side down; top them with another smaller skillet.
- Weight the pan with a brick; cook them to crisp the skin, 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast them for another 15-20-25 minutes or until done.
I thought the spice mix overpowered the green paste. You better cook the chicken longer than 15 min unless u like undercooked chicken. I will not make this again and I eat anything. I was bummed as I planned it as a "quick and elegant" dinner for my boyfriend.. I love to cook and cook alot.. we were both bummed!
Excellent chicken recipe. Crispy on the outside, moist and tender on the inside and packed with flavor. The toasted almonds added a nice little crunch and great flavor - do not skip that ingredient! I assumed the cut lemon wedges were for garnish, as I did not see the use of them in the recipe. To be more economical, I bought "Pick of the Chick" on sale and stuffed the skin the breasts and thighs. I just tossed the drumsticks and wings into the same pan, sprinkling it with the filling. I cooked my chicken for about 20-25 minutes. Delicious! This will definitely be made again. ~Made for My-3-Chefs 2008~