Recipe by MommySakura
Not true Italian cooking, but adapted from a friend's grandmother's recipe. Quick and easy version perfect for when you don't have a lot of time to get dinner on the table.
Top Review by Tea Jenny
We like pork in our family, and this was quite a bit different to what we usually have, it was very nice, although I think it needed a bit of seasoning rubbed into the pork prior to browning, but it was still very nice. I served it with egg noodles. Made for My Three Chefs Nov 09
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork chops
- 1 scallions or 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sweet basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 ounces medium egg noodles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 quart or larger saute pan, brown pork chops over medium to medium-high heat in olive oil (5 - 7 minutes).
- Add green and red onions and saute until soft (5 minutes).
- Add garlic and spices, saute another minute.
- Add water and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil then add the wine.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
- One pan meal version: Cut pork chops into bite-sized pieces prior to browning, increase water to 3/4 cup, simmer for 13 minutes, increase heat to high to bring back to quick boil and add 6 - 8 oz medium egg noodles to pan. Reduce heat slightly and boil for 5 - 7 minutes. Serve.