1/2 Photos of 30 Minute Easy Pork Chops " Scaloppine"
Not true Italian cooking, but adapted from a friend's grandmother's recipe. Quick and easy version perfect for when you don't have a lot of time to get dinner on the table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless pork chops
- 1 scallions or 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sweet basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 ounces medium egg noodles (optional)
- 1In a 2 quart or larger saute pan, brown pork chops over medium to medium-high heat in olive oil (5 - 7 minutes).
- 2Add green and red onions and saute until soft (5 minutes).
- 3Add garlic and spices, saute another minute.
- 4Add water and tomatoes.
- 5Bring to a boil then add the wine.
- 6Simmer for 15 minutes.
- 7Serve over your favorite pasta.
- 8One pan meal version: Cut pork chops into bite-sized pieces prior to browning, increase water to 3/4 cup, simmer for 13 minutes, increase heat to high to bring back to quick boil and add 6 - 8 oz medium egg noodles to pan. Reduce heat slightly and boil for 5 - 7 minutes. Serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 30 Minute Easy Pork Chops " Scaloppine"
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.1
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 113.9 mg
- Sodium 90.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 37.6 g