Recipe by Pierre Dance
This is tasty and it's quick and easy to prepare. I had planned to thaw some of my Lasagna for supper but couldn't get enthused about the idea. It's really good Lasagna, one of my best, but not that night. I wanted something "DIFFERENT"! This is what I came up with. I'm smuggly pleased.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
I tried this a year ago & missed rating it... I just tried it again & it turned out even better the 2nd time to make it a definate keeper for us. I needed to use some cooked steak from the night before & thought this recipe worked nicely. On the 2nd try I ramped up the jalapenos abit more and sub'd some of the soup with chicken broth & yogurt. We don't like real goopy dishes & we found the broth helped make it a nicer consistancy for us. Did the rest as written & served with some cooked rice mixed in at the end, thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onions, coarsely chopped, any type or 2 -3 bunches scallions, the whites & light greens
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, deveined, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno peppers or 1 chipotle pepper, seeded, deveined, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded or diced roast beef (almost any sort of meat works well.)
- 10 button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 teaspoon maggi seasoning
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
one of the following
- basmati rice, cooked in chicken stock instead of water (optional)
- cooked rotini pasta (optional)
- cooked egg noodles
- cooked ramen noodles (throw away the "flavor pack" it's 92-97% sodium) (optional)
- very crispy home fried potato (optional)
- Italian bread, hefty slices, toasted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large saute pan (one that has a lid.) over high heat.
- Add oil.
- Add first 6 ingredients.
- Saute (stir fry 'til onions are translucent.
- Add Maggi seasoning and soup, mix well.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook 'til thoroughly heated.
- Serve over something nice.