Recipe by SEvans
This is Cream of Mushroom Soup for Dummies - it is unbelievably easy and super fast.
Top Review by nancyleeshirley
Loved this soup! So yummy, my husband said that he would pay $7.50 for a bowl of this soup. The price went up each time he took a bite. Very easy to prepare, this was my first pureed soup.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 leeks, chopped (white only)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in your soup pot over medium heat.
- Add all the vegetables and saute until the onions are opaque and the celery and leek have softened - approximately 5 - 10 minutes.
- add flour and mix well.
- add milk and chicken stock and mix well.
- season with slat and pepper.
- reduce heat to medium low - cover and cook for 25 minutes stirring occasionally.
- use a hand blender or a regular blender to puree the soup.