Recipe by Vicki in AZ
An easy crowd pleaser. I've given this recipe to so many people and all love it. This was from a newsletter put out by a local gourmet cooking store that also does cooking classes called Sweet Basil and the chef was Andy Broder.
Top Review by Amber of AZ
I made this a few years ago from the very same newsletter Vicki found the recipe in. I was answering a recipe request and wondered if this recipe was somewhere on RecipeZaar. It was! This is such a delicious, easy cobbler. I think anyone would like it.
- 1 (10 ounce) boxlorna doones shortbread cookies (or other shortbread cookie)
- 1 (29 ounce) cansliced cling peaches in heavy syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Place a layer of cookies on the bottom of the dish.
- Crumble remaining cookies and set aside.
- Open peaches and drain, reserving syrup.
- Mix the peaches with half of the crumbled cookies and spoon evenly over the cookies in the baking dish and pour 3/4 cup of the reserved liquid over the top Mix together the remaining cookie crumbs, the butter, sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over peaches and press down gently.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.