Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy crowd pleaser. I've given this recipe to so many people and all love it. This was from a newsletter put out by a local gourmet cooking store that also does cooking classes called Sweet Basil and the chef was Andy Broder.
- 1 (10 ounce) boxlorna doones shortbread cookies (or other shortbread cookie)
- 1 (29 ounce) cansliced cling peaches in heavy syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Place a layer of cookies on the bottom of the dish.
- Crumble remaining cookies and set aside.
- Open peaches and drain, reserving syrup.
- Mix the peaches with half of the crumbled cookies and spoon evenly over the cookies in the baking dish and pour 3/4 cup of the reserved liquid over the top Mix together the remaining cookie crumbs, the butter, sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over peaches and press down gently.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
I made this a few years ago from the very same newsletter Vicki found the recipe in. I was answering a recipe request and wondered if this recipe was somewhere on RecipeZaar. It was! This is such a delicious, easy cobbler. I think anyone would like it.
Another easy winner!
Excellent and so easy to make. This can be easily classified as an "emergency desert" to have when people drop in. Thanks Vicki for posting this recipe.