1/1 Photo of 30-Minute Chili
This chili tastes remarkably good and can be made for dinner when you are pressed for time. The recipe comes from the beefitswhatfordinner.com website, but I originally saw the recipe in the newpaper. I have made this several times, used whatever beef I had on hand. I've also added more beans and tomatoes to the same quantity of beef, and it still tasted great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef, 95% lean
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, breaking it into 3/4 inch or so crumbles and stirring occasionally. Drain off the fat.
- 2Stir in the beans, broth, tomatoes and chili powder, and bring to a boil. (You can hold back some of the broth if you want a thicker chili - it depends on whether you add extra beans or tomatoes. Or just cook it longer to reduce).
- 3Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes to develop flavors, stirring occasionally.
- 4Serve with toppings, as desired.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 30-Minute Chili
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.2
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 553.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 29.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium beef broth