Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is easy, tasty, and relatively quick. Also not too high on calories!! We gobbled it up with a bit of shredded cheddar on top.
- 8 ounces 90% lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can low-sodium kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low-sodium tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (8 ounce) can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan cook ground beef, onion, celery, green pepper and garlic until meat is brown. Drain off fat. Stir in the kidney beans, the undrained tomatoes, the tomato sauce, water, chili powder, salt, basil, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Not enough flavor for the hubby and I, I do like the chunky tomatoes though. Next time I think we'll use the same ingredients and go with a chili seasoning mix for a little more flavor.