Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in a supermarket ad. It's a quick meal that doesn't taste quick.
Make and share this 30 Minute Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb hamburger (or chili meat)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- Brown beef with onion and garlic in 5-quart dutch oven or large skillet over med high heat for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add seasonings, and stir to combine, Heat 1 minute.
- Stir in pinto beans, broth and tomatoes.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes uncovered.
- Garnish with onion and cheddar cheese.
This recipe turned out horribly. Don't get me wrong I've made chili multiple other times, and when I made this one, I added all the right ingredients and followed the directions. It ended up not even looking like chili (way to soupy) and tasted like tacos without the shell. I will never be making this recipe ever again, and take it from a seasoned cooker, don't use this recipe unless you like water chili.
I love this recipie - simple and super yummers. My husband and his parents love it, I always make it for the cold seasons. Add some cornbread (homemade or otherwise) and it's irresistable. I always, however, add an extra can of pinto beans (water and all) to make it a little thinner. Thanks for sharing!! :)
This was great chili for how quick it was! What a nice surprise for lunch! Thanks for the recipe!