Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe on RecipeSleuth and can't wait to make it.
- 6 cups maseca corn masa harina flour, mix for tamales
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup corn oil or 1 cup other vegetable oil (corn will enhance the flavor)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large rotisserie chicken
- 2 (15 ounce) jars green tomatillo sauce
- 1 bag corn husk
- Soak the corn husks in warm water until soft.
- Using an electric mixer, blend the masa flour (Maseca for Tamales), corn oil, salt, baking powder and the chicken broth to obtain a consistent mixture.
- Shred the chicken and marinate in the green salsa or tomatillo sauce.
- Spread masa evenly over corn husks, and spread a spoonful of marinated chicken on top of the masa.
- Fold the sides of the corn husk to center over the masa so that they overlap to make a long package.
- Fold the empty part of the husk under so that it rests against the side of the tamale with a seam.
- Place the tamales in a steamer and cook tamales for 35-40 minutes.
- Check every 20 minutes.
- The tamale is cooked when it separates easily from the corn husk.
These are DELICIOUS! It's all about what brand of green sauce you use to marinate the chicken in. If you get a really flavorful sauce, then this recipe comes out tasting fantastic.
Very easy and Good!
Not bad. Thanks for sharing