Recipe by Terry Barker
From show of 5/16/02.
Top Review by Stephanie in Pittsburgh
I just love 30 Minute Meals with Rachael Ray even though in my kitchen it's 60 minute meals (to quote my mother). Sauteing all the vegetables before adding the stock made them so sweet and tasty! I used a tablespoon of dried dill which I added with the noodles rather than the fresh.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (2 turns around the pan)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 fresh bay leaves or 2 dried bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups good quality chicken stock
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders, diced (the average weight of 1 package)
- 1⁄2 lb wide egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a large pot over moderate heat and add extra-virgin olive oil.
- Work close to the stove and add vegetables to the pot as you chop, in the order they are listed.
- Add bay leaves and season vegetables with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add stock to the pot and raise flame to bring liquid to a boil.
- Add diced chicken tenderloins, return soup to a boil, and reduce heat back to moderate.
- Cook chicken 2 minutes and add noodles.
- Cook soup an additional 6 minutes or until noodles are tender and remove soup from the heat.
- Stir in parsley and dill, remove bay leaves and serve.
- This is a thick soup.
- Add up to 2 cups of water if you like chicken soup with lots of broth.