1/1 Photo of 30 Minute Chicken Noodle Soup (From Foodtv, Rachael Ray)
Terry Barker's Note:
From show of 5/16/02.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (2 turns around the pan)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 fresh bay leaves or 2 dried bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups good quality chicken stock
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders, diced (the average weight of 1 package)
- 1/2 lb wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1Place a large pot over moderate heat and add extra-virgin olive oil.
- 2Work close to the stove and add vegetables to the pot as you chop, in the order they are listed.
- 3Add bay leaves and season vegetables with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 4Add stock to the pot and raise flame to bring liquid to a boil.
- 5Add diced chicken tenderloins, return soup to a boil, and reduce heat back to moderate.
- 6Cook chicken 2 minutes and add noodles.
- 7Cook soup an additional 6 minutes or until noodles are tender and remove soup from the heat.
- 8Stir in parsley and dill, remove bay leaves and serve.
- 9This is a thick soup.
- 10Add up to 2 cups of water if you like chicken soup with lots of broth.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 30 Minute Chicken Noodle Soup (From Foodtv, Rachael Ray)
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.8
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 131.3 mg
- Sodium 699.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 42.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: