1/1 Photo of 30 Minute Chicken and Dumplings
This is a Rachel Ray recipe I had in my file for quite awhile, and had to try it recently to satisfy a craving. It turned out really well. I used made from scratch biscuit recipe as I couldn't locate the jiffy mix in my area, I made about 6 biscuits. Also, I think the refrigerated biscuits would work as well. Otherwise I followed the recipe pretty much exactly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 russet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced or thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, 1/3 palm full
- 2 tablespoons flour, a handful
- 1 quart chicken broth or 1 quart chicken stock, canned or paper container,preferred brand kitchen basics
- 1 (8 ounce) box biscuit mix (preferred brand Jiffy Mix)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, handful,chopped
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1Dice tenders into bite size pieces and set aside.
- 2Wash hands.
- 3Place a large pot on stove over medium high heat.
- 4Add oil, butter, vegetables and bay leaf and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 5Season mixture with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning.
- 6Add flour to the pan and cook 2 minutes.
- 7Stir broth or stock to the pot and bring to a boil.
- 8Add chicken to the broth and stir.
- 9Place biscuit mix in a bowl.
- 10Combine with 1/2 cup warm water and parsley.
- 11Drop tablespoonfuls of prepared mix into the pot, spacing dumplings evenly.
- 12Cover pot tightly and reduce heat to medium low.
- 13Steam dumplings 8 to 10 minutes.
- 14Remove cover and stir chicken and dumplings to thicken sauce a bit.
- 15Stir peas into the pan, remove chicken and dumplings from heat and serve in shallow bowls.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 30 Minute Chicken and Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.6
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 124.8 mg
- Sodium 1426.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 49.4 g