Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Making the dumplings small keeps the cooking time short. Another great recipe from Bisquick II.
- 2 cups cooked chicken (diced or shredded)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Bring to a boil all of the ingredients except the Bisquick and milk in a 3 quart saucepan.
- Mix the Bisquick and milk until soft dough forms. Drop dough by the teaspoonful into the boiling soup. If the dumplings sink, bring them back up to the top with a slotted spoon so they don't end up crushed.
- Reduce heat to low and cook uncovered 10 minutes. Cover and cook another 10 minutes.