Recipe by Jellyqueen
This recipe came about because of a foodtv "30 Minute Meals" episode that featured a chicken pot pie made along these lines. I just took the recipe and changed it to meet our taste. Very tasty.....great comfort food.
Top Review by Caroline Cooks
Fabulous flavor...the only change I made was to top the skillet mixture--still bubbling with flaky canned biscuits and pop into the oven at 425F. for about 18 minutes. Made for ZWT3.
- 1⁄2 lb stew meat, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 large carrot, cubed into small cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 large potato, cubed into small cubes
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 (5 count) can biscuits (I prefer the flaky type of biscuits)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- Pour broth into the saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Place cubed stewmeat into broth, salt and pepper to taste and turn to simmer.
- Pour olive oil into a med size preheated pan.
- Place margarine in pan with olive oil and melt.
- Place carrots into pan, followed by onions, then potato.
- Cook until tender.
- When vegetables are tender, stir in flour until well blended.
- Pour slowly the beef/broth mixture over into the veggie mixture and heat until thickened.
- Place this in serving dish and top with the baked biscuits.