Recipe by SusieQusie
Super fast & easy! Feel free to substitute another ready made sauce or your favorite homemade. This variety just happens to be our current favorite. A great add, of course, is mushrooms!
Top Review by JennyMidget
Amazing! Ended up with 3 adult and 2 toddler serves (as hinted in other comments) but no complaints. Used lite thickened cream, no such thing as half and half, so probably naughtier than original recipe but fussy hubby loved this! I think we've found a new pasta go-to dish!
- 226.79 g bacon, chopped
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml red pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml parsley, chopped
- 453.59 g jarbertolli olive oil & garlic pasta sauce
- 118.29 ml half-and-half cream
- 226.79 g angel hair pasta
- 226.79 g fresh sliced mushrooms (optional) or 113.39 g jarred sliced mushrooms (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown bacon. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of fat.
- Add onions & peppers + mushrooms, if using. Cook, stirring often, till onion & peppers are tender; ~ 5 minutes.
- Stir in sauce & parsley. Simmer.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta al dente.
- Drain pasta & add to sauce. Spoon in pasta water to thin.
- Stir in half & half.